Saturday, August 07, 2004

-------------------------

The Much-Spoken-of Little Ironies in Life

July 30th, Friday, 2004,
Straits Times, Home Section Page 1:
Power Supply Regulator Gets TOUGH.
Stiffer Fines to prevent blackouts.

July 30th, Friday, 2004,
Straits Times, Home Section Page 2:
Singapore's Tolerance for Failure Rising.

-----------------------------
Yup, it pays to pay attention. Oh you know those bus-stop Navy ads which in the foreground show a lot of PSA workers looking very bored, to show that without safe seas our ports will close? If you concentrate on the background, you can discern some bored port workers using a crane operator to bungee jump. It looks quite comical! I'm serious, it's true.
-----------------------------

I told tongtong I'm blogging tonight, cause i'm moving to hostel tomorrow, and he said we might as well wrap it up cause the blog's dying.

I said, "no! cause the blog anyway is supposed to be a flash in the pan, every now and then"
he said ok, but now that i've thought about it, at the end of the day he does have a point in wanting to close the blog.

I don't want to be associated with Xiaxue. If she's not a sensationalist (and i think sensationalists are pathetic and untrue to themselves) she's utterly warped (and i think being warped is... not good). And let's face it, she's not (as) good looking :D

No I'm not being sensationalist! she's really not!!!

More importantly, since when do people complain on blog tagboards that blog entries are boring! I bet no one would think of doing it on other blogs. to be attention-seeking has never been our aim for this blog. (what our aim is, neither of us knows. personally i want endorsement deals.)

i think if someone is boring in revealing himself, it is due to one of two reasons. firstly, i believe that the deepest and most significant human experiences are common and universal. grief, joy, pain, anger are some examples, and the stronger the emotions the less it's about the particular events causing them, but the very feelings themselves, feelings which any human being is in contact with everyday. so it seems to be less interesting because we've all gone through essentially the same thing before.

secondly, the person might be trying to find a kindred soul by relating personal views on a pet subject. i don't do it cause i just don't bother, but tongtong does and i think it adds depth to the blog.

so i don't know, i'm ambivalent. if tongtong wants to annul the blog i'm fine with it now. it's being visited for all the wrong reasons, so maybe we should stop it.

and then we'd come back some other time, or not. tongtong are you listening :)
---------------------------------

By the way

I was mugging outside LT5 on friday and i saw this bookmark with this inscription on it "Seek and ye shall find" So presumably the owner doesn't want it anymore :)

Although Shawn will see it as a successful search based on interracial cooperation (sikh and ye shall find). I know this, because

On Wednesday,

I told Cha, "Hey, i can't go for the cip where i have to take care of kids because i caught a cold"
Cha said, "What a pathetic excuse!" To shawn, "Will you take care of kids if you're sick?"
Shawn "Of course!"
Me "GRRRRR!
Cha "See?" She starts to walk off.
Shawn "Nonono! it's because i believe in equal opportunities amonsgt races!"

-----------------------------------

Lying on my sprained back during PE on Thursday, I saw some floating clouds, and a blue sky.
Then I wondered what will it be like if life is as timeless as a moment like this.

If there were no days or nights, people would probably conceive of time according to sleep cycles. If they don't sleep, they'd conceive of time via life cycles.

If they don't die or don't sleep, by the natural cycles of nature, such as seasons.

The problem doesn't complexify. If men were immortal, and it were a changeless world, it'd be exactly like lying down, looking at some floating clouds, and a blue sky.

---------------------------------------
actually it's quite easy to sense what it's like to exist outside of time (as the christian god does). think of two memories in your life, and remove the causality between them. without causality, there's no reason why one memory should be before or after the other memory, it is just our own way of arranging our memories. if you don't get me never mind.
----------------------------------------