For those of you who didn't know, I sprained my leg very badly on the tenth of November and haven't been walking since. It's very bad and all I want for Christmas, and New Year, is to be able to walk beginning 2007.
---
Here's something you've probably thought about before, while listening to the radio-
When does the era shifts, and Gold 90.5FM start playing -OUR- songs? Will Backstreet Boys' "I want it that way", Britney Speares' "Hit me Baby One More Time", or even Timberlake's "Sexyback", or Eminem's raps ever be referred to as GOLDEN OLDIES!?!?
I mean, good grief, is it even possible!?
When our parents were grooving to Deng Li Jun, or ABBA, or the Beatles, did they think it was inconceivable too?
Or were *those* songs so-called "born-to-be" oldies, unlike our songs? Surely that's equally weird?
If we were to travel back in time and tell our teenage yet-to-be-parents about Deng Li Jun and Fei Yu Qing being played on 95.8FM, and the BeeGees on Gold 90.5FM, would they have laughed harshly and spat at our faces?
Lastly...
Is that why our parents (I was going to use the word 'adults', but fuck, I'm one now) look so still, so morose and sad, when they listen to their favorites on those radio channels?
They're not actually wistfully reminiscing, but utterly shocked, confused, inwardly struggling and grappling with the idea that Andy Williams' Moon River is found on 90.5FM and no longer on 98.7FM(All Hits All Day!).
---
Hey Tong Kai,
1. Your dry, academic way of settling the time zone problem is non-functional. My employers would think I've been blogging during office hours, while your friends would wonder how you look so fresh at 8am when you've been online only four hours ago (and then they'd waste money on Yang3 Min4 Jiu3).
And in the future, if humanity becomes extinct due to some freak meteorite strike, and aliens have nothing to infer about us except via a miraculously well-preserved Blogger.com internet server, they will have some seriously weird ideas about Tbilisians.
2. And, yes, I know Romans wear skirts. But, like funerals and the Lee Monarchy in Singapore, it's a hard fact you absolutely do not talk about. Because it gives people really weird ideas. Like, does that mean Romans nevertheless still wear briefs, or panties?
And now I have this weird mental picture of this majestic battlefield, Romans and Carthaginian facing each other on two sides, with trumpeting sinister elephants and snorting warhorses. The generals are tense and the men are ready to charge, blood is going to spill. Lightning flashes, thunder roars, but then-
WHOOSH! A huge gust of wind blows,
and tens of thousands of fierce-looking, battle-hardened men hurriedly do Marilyn Maroes.
3. "there were romans in centurions' uniforms hanging around outside the colosseum charging tourists to photograph them."
Did you mean that these italians were running at the tourists trying to take photographs of the tourists?
:p
---
Re: The time zone difference
I've this cunning plan where TongTong and I will make stock market killings by exploiting the time zone difference. I'd observe the stock market movements tomorrow, and inform Tongtong, who's eight hours behind, and he'll preempt these movements accordingly. And we'd make huge profits and be billionaries by tomorrow.
For those of you who're slow on the uptake, I'm joking, of course!
The stockmarket's closed tomorrow.
---
Here's something you've probably thought about before, while listening to the radio-
When does the era shifts, and Gold 90.5FM start playing -OUR- songs? Will Backstreet Boys' "I want it that way", Britney Speares' "Hit me Baby One More Time", or even Timberlake's "Sexyback", or Eminem's raps ever be referred to as GOLDEN OLDIES!?!?
I mean, good grief, is it even possible!?
When our parents were grooving to Deng Li Jun, or ABBA, or the Beatles, did they think it was inconceivable too?
Or were *those* songs so-called "born-to-be" oldies, unlike our songs? Surely that's equally weird?
If we were to travel back in time and tell our teenage yet-to-be-parents about Deng Li Jun and Fei Yu Qing being played on 95.8FM, and the BeeGees on Gold 90.5FM, would they have laughed harshly and spat at our faces?
Lastly...
Is that why our parents (I was going to use the word 'adults', but fuck, I'm one now) look so still, so morose and sad, when they listen to their favorites on those radio channels?
They're not actually wistfully reminiscing, but utterly shocked, confused, inwardly struggling and grappling with the idea that Andy Williams' Moon River is found on 90.5FM and no longer on 98.7FM(All Hits All Day!).
---
Hey Tong Kai,
1. Your dry, academic way of settling the time zone problem is non-functional. My employers would think I've been blogging during office hours, while your friends would wonder how you look so fresh at 8am when you've been online only four hours ago (and then they'd waste money on Yang3 Min4 Jiu3).
And in the future, if humanity becomes extinct due to some freak meteorite strike, and aliens have nothing to infer about us except via a miraculously well-preserved Blogger.com internet server, they will have some seriously weird ideas about Tbilisians.
2. And, yes, I know Romans wear skirts. But, like funerals and the Lee Monarchy in Singapore, it's a hard fact you absolutely do not talk about. Because it gives people really weird ideas. Like, does that mean Romans nevertheless still wear briefs, or panties?
And now I have this weird mental picture of this majestic battlefield, Romans and Carthaginian facing each other on two sides, with trumpeting sinister elephants and snorting warhorses. The generals are tense and the men are ready to charge, blood is going to spill. Lightning flashes, thunder roars, but then-
WHOOSH! A huge gust of wind blows,
and tens of thousands of fierce-looking, battle-hardened men hurriedly do Marilyn Maroes.
3. "there were romans in centurions' uniforms hanging around outside the colosseum charging tourists to photograph them."
Did you mean that these italians were running at the tourists trying to take photographs of the tourists?
:p
---
Re: The time zone difference
I've this cunning plan where TongTong and I will make stock market killings by exploiting the time zone difference. I'd observe the stock market movements tomorrow, and inform Tongtong, who's eight hours behind, and he'll preempt these movements accordingly. And we'd make huge profits and be billionaries by tomorrow.
For those of you who're slow on the uptake, I'm joking, of course!
The stockmarket's closed tomorrow.

<< Home