Sunday, May 27, 2007

I know I haven't been blogging much, but I'm still feeling decidedly teacherly.

Life In RVHS 101- A short glimpse

TOK (Alias Mr. Tok)

"Hello Mr. Tok!!!!" - This is what you'd always hear if you walk around the school with Weisin. I am known as "Mr. Tok's friend". I know this because when I walk around the school they call me "Hello Mr. Tok's friend!!!" I've tried to tell those pests of his what my name is, but they refused to believe that my existence is not predicated on their favourite teacher's.

Most unforgettable line heard - (When the history exam's over, Tok's students hurry up to him and go,) "Wo3 Dui4 Bu4 Qi2 Ni3 Mr. Tok!" So sweet.

JOHNNY (Alias Mr. Tan)

Hello Mr. Tan! ... Mr. Tan?

This teacher works all night to prepare presentations / mark papers and takes power naps in the day. Probably the most no-nonsense of us all (although I've officially made 4 students cry in my time here), nevertheless his students love and respect him greatly, as seen from the amount of loot he received on the last day of work.

Unforgettable scene - The former-RVHS ELDDFS chairperson was professionally teaching students how to do presentations properly. One of our colleagues (who was Johnny's juniors) turns to me and goes, "Back in the school days we all predicted he'd be our next Prime Minister."

Yay!

The Singaporean.



First Love (Alias - 4K)
My first batch of students, all seven of them! They are (Clockwise from top left) - Stanley, Yang Zhi, Chuan Min, Si Ying, Christina, Soh Hwee, Xin Tong. I've always known that it would be nice to be a better person, generally and theoretically. On and off, I have tried, due to several reasons, spasmodically succeeding and then getting tired. I never got around to being commited to it. Then 4K happened, and the above are the people who make me want to be a better person.

15 more reasons came along - 4D (and 1 person from 4I)

There's 4F too but I don't have their photo.

And this is why you must give me yet more time to feel unteacherly again.