Tuesday, July 06, 2004

while aeschylus and sophocles and euripedes remain spinning in their graves still...

---

Back from genting! mygosh the coachbus trip on the way back is so horrible, unlike the one on the way there. throughout the 8 hour trip the bus driver played ROCK MUSIC ON REPEAT throughout the bus, like he's trying to convert us to his type of genre or something.

---

Did you see the FearFactor commercial recently where the competitors have to ... voluntarily be breastfeeded by cows? like, they have to go under the cow and kind of suck milk out and fill glasses. YUCKS. don't know about you, but i find it distasteful. udderly disgusting :) (...tara!) Yes the whole point of this paragraph is so i can make that pun :D

---

Considering the impossible soccer upsets halfway across the world which seem to go all out and thwart my sound and sensible soccer punts, i hereby conclude that the whole universe exists and centres around me, albeit in a hostile sort of way.

---

P.G Wodehouse rocks... he's a surface comic who's actually a master of language. here's an extract from "Aunts aren't gentlemen"

***

'I'm not so sure you are good old Bertie. More like a snake who goes about the place robbing men of the women they love, if you ask me.'
'Certainly not,' I protested, learning for the first time that this was what snakes did.


***

She uttered a sound rather like an elephant taking its foot out of a mud hole in a Burmese teak forest.

***

'I don't suppose you have read Lord Chesterfield's Letters to his son?'
... Well, of course I hadn't. Bertram Wooster does not read other people's letters. If I were employed in the post offirce, I wouldn't even rad the postcards.


***

I preserved the cold aloofness of a Wednesday cold matinee audience

***

I supposed if you had asked Napoleon how he had managed to get out of Moscow, he would have been a bit vague about it, and it was the same with me. I found myself on the front steps with only a sketchy notion of how I had got there, and I was in the poorest of states.

***

you probably won't get the full effect of it, but ah well your loss.

---

what's with "£$%"£$%£%^$%&^$^"£$%"£%£$^$%&%^&* spam mail there's like 3 hundred of them and it's only 3 days gone. I'm sick of suggestions that I help Nigerians transfer their bank accounts, and I'm proud that I'm flat and I don't want a bigger chest.

Though there are other suggestions are worth considering though... hmmmmmmmmmmmm



(joke)