Thursday, February 01, 2007

Johnny- you should have been there when Singapore won 2-1. 55,000 people wearing red at the National Stadium from all walks of life, cheering noisily! The Kallang wave rippling proudly, through the patriotic and swarming chaos. And you would have loved how, during halftime, as everyone was singing, and yakking, and fit to burst from our then 1-0 lead, with the atmosphere buzzing and thrumming, the mega-size scoreboard did not show congratulations, cheers, or any well-meaning message.

The scoreboard did not even show the score.

It displayed this message: NO SMOKING INSIDE THE NATIONAL STADIUM.

---

I read Mei's blog on justice recently, and it was very thought provoking. If two people have two different ideas of justice, and they are inherently logical, but mutually contradictory, does that mean the idea and ideal of justice is illusory?

---

Melissa- I cannot edit accordingly! If I do, your tags would appear nonsensical to anyone who is going to read the posts for the first time. "Why is Melissa complaining?" they wonder. "The post already says Sunnucks." (Which is a more dubious pretender than Surrecks)

This is why, when Ah Bong tagged to point out that I meant *** **** *** is Satan, not a Satanist, I did nothing. In that case, luckily, I feel that I benefitted by appearing wittier from the error. In saying that Satan is a Satanist, I therefore imply an element of self worship, which is not entirely off the mark.

---