Interesting fact of the day-
On a poll of 100 greatest Britons,
Guy Fawkes the guy who tried to bomb British Parliament ranks 30th, Robert Baden Powell the paedophile ranks 13th, William Shakespeare ranks 5th. A common thread runs through these people - they are all overrated.
My first impression of Shakespeare is that he is a pervert, since he fufils two necessary conditions- a) he has a beard b)he is balding.
But, thinking on it, I don't know of *any* perverts personally who are both bearded and balding. So how come my mind has an innate apprehension that people with generous facial hair and impoverished dome hair are impeccably sex offenders?
Unmistakably, this scent of this logical trail leads to the conclusion that
1)There is only one pervert
2)And he is Shakespeare
Notice an antisyllogism- one fact leads to two premises. haha roll over, Aristotle.
Kai Siang's One Antisyllogism Theorem-
If I think Shakespeare is sexually deviant for no good reason at all, then Shakespeare is the sole pervert in the world.
Note:
Do not confuse this with the *other* Kai Siang's One Antisyllogism Theorem-
If you got hit by a car, at least it prevented you from reading up on some bloody stupid antisyllogism. (See Dec13 entry for more)
So, having thus conclusively explained Iago (Othello) and Antonio (Merchant of Venice)'s homosexuality,
What I'm leading on to is that I have no second impressions of Shakespeare. Or in other words, I can't see why he's supposed to be so amazingly good a writer, so popular with, say, the girls in class. (The real reason for me not liking Shakespeare? No! Just that most of them take S Lit and should be more discerning that's all. Sheesh)
I mean, if someone gost(ha.) "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate" as opposed to "Hey I really think you rock" in broad daylight, to which compliment would "Gee, Thanks" be your reaction?
Supporting evidence of Shakespeare's depravity- his words can't be quoted in broad daylight, but in dimly lit, enclosed environments.
I was thinking theatres.
But what is the point I'm making here?
None, whatsoever.
--------
the lyrics of
"Both Sides Now" by Joni Mitchell are so nice!
Rows and flows of angel's hair
And icecream castles in the air
And feathered canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way
But now they only block the sun
They rain and they snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way.
I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down, but still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all.
Moon and Junes and Ferris wheels
That dizzy dancing way you feel
As every fairy tale comes real
I've looked at love that way.
But now it's just another show
You leave them laughing when you go
And if you care, don't let them know
Don't give yourself away.
I've looked at love from both sides now
From give and take, but still somehow
It's love's illusions I recall
I really don't know love at all.
Tears and fears and feeling proud
To say "I love you" right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I've looked at life that way
But now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose, but still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all.
On a poll of 100 greatest Britons,
Guy Fawkes the guy who tried to bomb British Parliament ranks 30th, Robert Baden Powell the paedophile ranks 13th, William Shakespeare ranks 5th. A common thread runs through these people - they are all overrated.
My first impression of Shakespeare is that he is a pervert, since he fufils two necessary conditions- a) he has a beard b)he is balding.
But, thinking on it, I don't know of *any* perverts personally who are both bearded and balding. So how come my mind has an innate apprehension that people with generous facial hair and impoverished dome hair are impeccably sex offenders?
Unmistakably, this scent of this logical trail leads to the conclusion that
1)There is only one pervert
2)And he is Shakespeare
Notice an antisyllogism- one fact leads to two premises. haha roll over, Aristotle.
Kai Siang's One Antisyllogism Theorem-
If I think Shakespeare is sexually deviant for no good reason at all, then Shakespeare is the sole pervert in the world.
Note:
Do not confuse this with the *other* Kai Siang's One Antisyllogism Theorem-
If you got hit by a car, at least it prevented you from reading up on some bloody stupid antisyllogism. (See Dec13 entry for more)
So, having thus conclusively explained Iago (Othello) and Antonio (Merchant of Venice)'s homosexuality,
What I'm leading on to is that I have no second impressions of Shakespeare. Or in other words, I can't see why he's supposed to be so amazingly good a writer, so popular with, say, the girls in class. (The real reason for me not liking Shakespeare? No! Just that most of them take S Lit and should be more discerning that's all. Sheesh)
I mean, if someone gost(ha.) "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate" as opposed to "Hey I really think you rock" in broad daylight, to which compliment would "Gee, Thanks" be your reaction?
Supporting evidence of Shakespeare's depravity- his words can't be quoted in broad daylight, but in dimly lit, enclosed environments.
I was thinking theatres.
But what is the point I'm making here?
None, whatsoever.
--------
the lyrics of
"Both Sides Now" by Joni Mitchell are so nice!
Rows and flows of angel's hair
And icecream castles in the air
And feathered canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way
But now they only block the sun
They rain and they snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way.
I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down, but still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all.
Moon and Junes and Ferris wheels
That dizzy dancing way you feel
As every fairy tale comes real
I've looked at love that way.
But now it's just another show
You leave them laughing when you go
And if you care, don't let them know
Don't give yourself away.
I've looked at love from both sides now
From give and take, but still somehow
It's love's illusions I recall
I really don't know love at all.
Tears and fears and feeling proud
To say "I love you" right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds
I've looked at life that way
But now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose, but still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all.

<< Home